Saturday, June 29, 2013

Think Happy

The weekend writing challenge set forth by Trifectawritingchallenge.com is to play around with the quote:

Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.
--Henry Thomas

Each weekend challenge may contain no more than 33 words.


My submission is:


Life is filled with bumps along its path. There are three things you can do to smooth them out. The first, think positively. The second, think positively. And the third, think positively.


I was hoping to produce something with a tad more creativity, but the words just did not come this weekend...Next weekend will be better...why? Well, I'll give you three reasons: first I'm thinking positively, second I'm thinking positively and third, you guessed it, I'm thinking positively!

 

21 comments:

  1. There is way too much negativity in our world. If we all followed your advice, I'd like to think that life would be better for all. Thanks for the positive sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really would be, Tom. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. I liked your take on thinking positively...and then your follow up comment about next weekend made it even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait to see next weeks word :)

      Delete
  3. Here's to positivity! It always makes the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. true that. negative thoughts only lead to more bumps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. negative thoughts bring negative results ;)

      Delete
  5. Shawn, I loved this as well! It's a message I don't think we can ever hear too often! Great writing-and I'm looking forward to reading much more of it from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true. Great message here Shawn. And nicely packaged too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems overly simple, but it really does work. Great message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. something so simple can make it all better ;)

      Delete
  8. made me smile :)
    like PMA??? Check out Zig Ziglar's books and "tapes" - well, I guess they would be cds now. We bought him on tape back in the 70's. Very nice man - both he and his brother Judge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Zig's Wikipedia bio...what a fab quote "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." Zig Zilgler. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  9. Excellent message!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's always a silver lining (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Positive thinking does help the bumps seem not quite so bumpy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Positive thinking promotes smooth sailin' !

      Delete