Thursday, June 20, 2013

@TrifectaWritingChallenge.com "Club"

@trifectawritingchallenge.com

+trifectawritingchallenge.com

The stench was too much to bear, like subdued smelling salts and burnt garlic, the place reeked. It was hard to see much of anything from my vantage point, I was up high in the rafters and I could see a faint blue glow down below. The soft, inviting light drew me nearer, like a fluttering moth in the summer sky I found my way to the staircase. Surely there would be a sweeter aroma once I descended.

Upon my arrival to the building’s basement floor, I was met by a man clothed simply with a caveman-type leather loin cloth. It was hard to make out any facial features in the dim light, but he was built, muscular and middle-aged. He handed me a red ticket, the kind you see in a PTA raffle and walked on, never saying a word. I knew this was an underground theme party, but this was getting weird!

Over a loudspeaker came fateful words from a somber voice, “Ok, check your tickets, the next number is 56665, to claim your admittance, report to cage number one”. I flicked my lighter lit to read the tickets number and to my surprise, I carried the winning ticket. I followed the blue light, was this “Cage Number One”? It must be! I walked with apprehensive curiosity, my pulse heightened and my mouth dry.  

I arrived at the blue light and found, to my horror, that it was, indeed, Cage Number One. I approached the entrance to claim the prize, where a beast of a man stood. I stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed that inside the cage there were many surgical tools and a stainless steel table, but it was too late. Around the cage were dark figures wearing lobster-eating bibs, grasping the bars from the outside and frothing at the mouths. I was to be eaten! I was the prize, it was me they wanted, I paid the dues, I was now a member of the club.       



5 comments:

  1. Thx Draug....I just joined the Trifecta writing group today. I'm excited to write more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creeeeeepy! I rather suspected it would go poorly for the narrator - I think it was the cage. :) Welcome to Trifecta - you'll find it's a great little community. Thanks for linking up! ~Christine (Trifecta Guest Judge)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome!
    By your story I see you are willing to offer up your very entrails to the group. hehehe
    Love the lobster bibs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. man...I *hate* it when I find out I'm on the menu. Great post!

    ReplyDelete