Saturday, July 27, 2013

I Love Periwinkle!

 Trifectawritingchallenge.com

We want you to follow suit and give us a thirty-three word piece that has a color in it.  Use the color to describe anything you like, or use anything you like to describe your color, but keep it creative and keep it short.

My Submission:


In deep darkness of early morning skies

Vivid blue eyes glitter periwinkle

In moonlights shine.

 
Proudly I present

Sparkling facets, I love you

My important question, long over-due.

 
Quiescently I wait, aflutter…

 
Yes!



16 comments:

  1. I love periwinkle too! Really nice piece--very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Periwinkle is such a great color, and this is such a happy little piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "In deep darkness of early morning skies"--I love this description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote this poem when I woke way too early in the morning, such a great time of the earth's daily cycle. I'm glad you noticed the line :)

      Delete
  4. Loved this and absolutely loved that last line! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Decided to weave my color into a love poem. The last line had a much more lovely ending, 'No' would have been sad ;)

      Delete
  5. Shawn, this is absolutely gorgeous! I'm a little bit aflutter, myself! Perfect 33 words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie, I'm glad you enjoyed this poem. Thought I should bring a tad bit of romanticism to one of my submissions. I'm relieved that you were "a little bit aflutter" and not overly aflutter, that would surely be an uncomfortable feeling :) I always dig your replies!

      Delete
  6. This is sweet. I like Periwinkle, too. (It was one of my favorites in the big boxes of Crayola crayons...I also liked the way it sounds :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun word and reminds me of fairies and pixies. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  7. The opening line is my favourite. The rest is very effective too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An answer to an overdue question comes with a fine, per book, per day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fine comment from a possible Zorlack! Thank you

      Delete