Monday, January 20, 2014

Trifecta Week 110 - I Got Hired!

Explore your imagination here! Trifectawritingchalenge.com




Yeah, you would have been excited to have grown up in the carnival too. Who wouldn’t? I got my edumacation from the best in the business. Rosy, The Bearded Lady, taught me how to read and write, even though Rosy was no more of a lady than Stephen Tyler was, he sure could pull it off. He was smart, fatter than an over-fed hamster, funny, and grew up, just like me, in the carny. Out of ‘em all, I miss Rosy the most.

Socco the Clown, taught me, if you want to call it that, about the birds and bees. He was a dirty fuck, though. A fun-painted face, most parents would want to hire to play with the kids at a birthday party, was, underneath all of the paint, a rotten, dirty fuck. He could twist the balloons into just about anything you can think of, and I mean anything.  I’m not one of those guys who think clowns are scary, I’m more like a guy that wants to kick the shit out of every clown I see. Luckily, I’ve long been away from that scene.

The “ride-ops” were all on speed. And I don’t mean just a few. I speak literally. These guys would stay up days on end, setting up and breaking down their machines. After hours, they’d all gather into one of their trailers and party hearty. It still amazes me that the people boarding these rides would trust those guys. One look at their tweeked out face, and toothless smiles, would make me reconsider letting their grungy asses lock me into one of the potentially life-ending rides they built, and for which they are responsible. Uh, uh, no way! But people do.

You’d think I’d’ve gone the way of the carny, growing up in it, and all, but I didn’t. I’m surprisingly, more quaint that those weirdo’s. If I had more time to tell you stories, I would, but I’m running late for an interview. A Youth Councilor.

No comments:

Post a Comment